Mythbinder Writing Prompts: January 2016
If your New Year’s Resolution is to do more writing, but you don’t know where to start, our January Writing Prompts will give you two writing ideas to challenge yourself every day for a month.
If you haven’t tried them before, read this guide first.
Try giving yourself around ten minutes for the first idea and twenty minutes for the second one. Having fun with these writing prompts? Please share them with a friend!
1. Limp; Just a little too sweet
2. Out; Medical care
3. Surface; An uninvited guest
4. Hungry; Folded sheets
5. Steps; On Cloud Nine
6. Skate; Under the bridge
7. Cheese; Dark days
8. Telling; A yellow box
9. Channel; When there’s money involved
10. Encouraged; Ten o’clock
11. Flash; Language difficulties
12. Dizzy; How do I look?
13. Curling; A better life
14. Short; But he said he would call
15. Control; An ancient map
16. Eyebrows; Out of touch
17. Milk; Security matters
18. Ash; An old favourite
19. Tanks; The world’s tallest building
20. Stray; Handle it carefully
21. Vision; A feather in my cap
22. Beard; The longer way home
23. Rib; Guilty until proved innocent
24. Wire; Good PR
25. Pound; Underwater city
26. Club; This time next year
27. Shallow; Home help
28. Uplifting; Two spiders in my bath
29. Drill; Wasting time
30. Scars; A few words of comfort
31. Token; Waiting for sunrise
Emily Lock is a freelance writer and blogger about the ups and downs of trying to evolve towards a better life.
Her Emily the Dodo blog is updated every week, with ideas to inspire you to make those changes, quizzes to help you decide what you want and planners so you can figure out how you’re going to get it, along with life hacks to make it easier. Come and join Emily on the journey to a happy life.